Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Just... beautiful

Latinfest was awesome! I got to Garden Square probably about 5:30 p.m. and it, my friend, was PACKED. I have never seen it so full in my life. This is me going to Garden Square almost every Saturday last year, a few Saturdays this year and some Sundays too. I said what's up to Karen Clouter. She was there painting the kiddies for free. Check out the little bumblebeee on her arm. Can you see the bumblebee? No? Trust me, it's there and pretty

Latinfest was a sensory feast if I ever saw one. Crafters and vendors selling colourful Latin goods and works. Churros made on-site with the chocolate goodness! Tacos, burritos and other familiar salivating yumminess. I wasn't there for long but I wished I was able to stay longer. If only for the dancing.

The thing that got me, or gets me rather, the most is the dancing. I'm not going to pretend I can tell the cha cha from the salsa from a meringue or a paso doble – though wait. I think I could tell the paso doble from the others. You have to catch the foot work from the couple demoing the dance moves. They weren't the only ones dancing though, couples were showing their smooth moves all over the place. You can catch more of them from the youtube vids I posted.

The band that provided the music for a lot of the couples while I was there was called Salsotika. Their sound and particularly distinct rhythm section was also caught by me on the video.

Here's my facebook photo album of the event. :) Let me know if it doesn't show up. :)

You can catch me next at Rock Against Cancer on the 22nd. Come out and support the fight against cancer. It's a good fight.

My first attempt at a panoramic shot...

Currently listening to: Paolo Nutini – Keep Rolling; The Streets – Your Song; Streetlight Manifesto – We Are the Few; Regina Spektor – Samson; Kathleen Edwards – Sweet Lil Duck

No comments:

Post a Comment