Thursday, August 13, 2009

Let's have a little chat...

So it's been two weeks almost and I've written nothing. Doesn't mean I don't have anything to say, just got a little busier working on the new website BAC is putting together. It's so pretty. :) I'm quite pleased with it's look and the modifications we're making to make it a little better.

I had an interview with Ashley Goodfellow this past Tuesday. ANXIETY! I'm not the most verbose, eloquent speaker. Something about speaking on the spot usually tackles me, but I touched on points as my mind raced with information in circles. If that metaphor even makes sense. Anyhow, I particularly liked Ashley's question: “What can the community do to help you in your position?”. At the time I said participate. Go to concerts. Be about plays. Come out to events but on second thought, I think there's more. Participation is where it begins but actually becoming involved is where it's at. But my version of participation suggests an almost passive quality. sitting, watching and clapping for a performance – or hollering if it's particularly moving and/or sublime, but involvement like volunteering at your local favoured organization: the Rose(for the dramatic and observant), Brampton Library (for the thoughtful bookworm), Our Place Peel (for the social revolutionary), or maybe, dare I say it? The Brampton Arts Council (for the creative and organized). Those are just off the top of my head. For the younger types, it provides awesome experience and resume material. For the other types it gets you involved and meeting people in your community and connecting. 'Who does this woman think she is?' Wait a sec, before I lecture the public on what should be done or how I'd ideally like it, I should reveal a bit about me or at least what this youth liaison bit is about?

I will, just keep reading.

Currently listening to: Mirah – Archipelago; The Clash – The Prisoner; Danko Jones – Something Better; Alicia Keys & Usher – My Boo (Reggae Remix!)

No comments:

Post a Comment